tumblr’s all fun and games and then you realize it’s four a.m. and you have three tests tomorrow and you’ve accomplished nothing and your whole life is a lie
tumse hi din hota hai…surmaiyi shaam aati hain, tumse hi..tumse hi..
Sabiha’s Follow Forever 2013;
I have been meaning to do this for so long. No one actually understands how much meaning I put into this. I know that tumblr isn’t to be taken all that seriously; however the friendships I have formed and the love between us is something that I can never let go of.
Each person on this list is there because I truly, truly, truly love/adore/admire them. They are either an inspiration, a friend, in some cases family. They know what they mean to me, but I will not shy away from telling them over and over again that I love them, that I care about them, that I honestly want the best for them.
(I would like to apologise about the length this post is going to be → these flawless people deserve to be written about, so I’m warning you now.)
the following people i follow for numerous reasons - and they’re also people i don’t ever want to stop following (even accidentally lol); so in no particular order:
chelly | maddie | neha | nashita | robina | aarti | towhid | asma | savni | zenab | yesha | maryam | lindsey | catherine | ruchira | shruti | shruti | tani | jarui | harpinder | ashu | ozzy | aanya | afiya | samiya | tarnjit | camilla | mimta | asif
- | | -
the next set of people i am writing about are just special to me. they’ve become almost like family (in most cases they are family to me). they have given me so much strength, and have always been there when i needed someone. i love them deeply.
- Liza → my soul sister. She is so much more than just my cousin. She is the reason I joined tumblr, the reason I’m still able to be me, the person I can rely on forever. I can’t imagine my life without her, and tbh, I don’t want to. I love you a lot Liza, and I am so glad you’re here with me, there’s no other way I’d want to be.
- Meera → the Deepika to my Sonakshi. It may have only been a couple of months since we started speaking, but somehow it feels I’ve known her my whole life. I honestly can’t go more than two days without talking to her, and she’s basically my older sister, my Dee. No words to describe how much happiness you give me, and how happy I get when I talk to you or see you or hear about you. I love you so much Meera.
- Astra → she’s just an absolute superstar. I don’t think people actually realise how intelligent, beautiful and just absolutely sweet this girl is. She is undoubtedly an inspiration to me, and if I can be half the person she is one day, I know I’ve done something right. Astra, you are amazing, and I don’t ever want you to forget that. Inshallah everything will work out for you and Aguilar, and I am so looking forward to witnessing that journey.
- Elle → the reason ShaSona means so much to me. Elle is one of the most amazing editors I have seen on Tumblr, and there’s just not enough appreciation for her. She’s a precious person, and I love how passionate she is about who she admires. Elle, I am so fortunate to have met you - and the beautiful friendship we have, I am so grateful for that. I never want you to feel inadequate, and know that you will forever have a fan in me.
- Aishwarya → I have known this flawless person for over three years, and we’ve never been as close as we are now. Seeing Aish on my dash gave me a sense of security (as weird as it sounds), and I always knew that I could speak to her whenever. She has had my back always, and I am so fortunate that I know such a beautiful girl. She is one of the biggest inspirations in my life, and I know she’s going to shine like the star she is. Aish, I just freaking love you. And I just want you to know that you have helped me so much with everything, so thank you.
- Swati → the third part of the ShaSona gang, and why tumblr has become a lot of fun. Swati continuously makes me laugh, and I love her for that. I can’t stay serious for long around her, although there have been times where we’ve had the most serious conversations around. She’s only 15, but this girl is someone people should definitely admire. Swati, you’re my little cupcake, and I hope you show the world how awesome you are - and perhaps come back from India soon so we can resume our WhatsApp sessions!
- Colette → my first twin. And someone who I still can’t believe fangirled over me (I don’t get what there was to fangirl over you dud). She is amazing, and she’s going to make it in Bollywood as a filmaker, and I am going to be watching that journey unfold. She’s just a beautiful soul, and one of my new email penpals (how brills is that?). Colette, I am so grateful I messaged you that day, because our friendship is just going from strength to strength and I love it. I love you twinster.
- Ayesha → my little sister, and someone I am so glad I have back in my life. Ayesha is honestly one of the strongest people I know, she’s been through so much, and yet she’s still there putting a smile on my face all the time. (And she’ll still tell you that she does nothing, but it’s a lie) I’ve known her since I-F, and having her back in my life now is a blessing. Ayesha, I love you so much, and you will always be a friend. No matter what happens, how upset we are with each other, you’re still family.
- Gabby → the Ranveer to my Sona. Gabby is a spectacular person, and doesn’t she know it. One of the nicest people I’ve met on tumblr, and the fact that she’s now a ShaSona fan is just brilliant. Haha. Her & I share a lot in common, and it’s so much fun to just fangirl over everything - she also writes really well, and I want her to continue her story. (Ahem) Gabby, so fortunate I remembered to re-follow you asap, idk who I’d be able to fangirl about SonaVeer with otherwise. But you are so awesome, stay smiling, stay the person you are.
- Neha → my second twin, and the Varun to my Pakhi. And I am so freaking grateful to Anesya for introducing her to me. Neha is one of the most intelligent 23 year olds I know, and she brings the awesomeness to da floor. Our conversations are pretty much never-ending because we’re such failures at replying on time, but I still love her. Neha, you brilliant thang you. Thank you for being one of the only actually coherent and sensible people on here, you are the bestest 23 year old around (after me of course… jokes hehe).
- Anesya →the badass supercool person in this fandom who deserves all the appreciation she gets. I rarely meet people like Anesya, but when I do, I know that I have found a good friend. Why? She’s upfront, straightforward, tells it like it is, unashamedly passionate about who she likes, and she’s secretly got the sweetest soft side ever. (Okay, it’s not that much of a secret) While we haven’t talked in a little while, I know our conversations are always rearing to go, rambling on about everything. And we still have a blog we need to work on together. Anesya, you are just spellbindingly brilliant, and I can definitely say I trust you.
- Hana → one of the biggest Salman fans I know, and one of the cutest people here. She is so passionate about my favourite Khan, and she doesn’t care what you think of her, just don’t insult him. She’s so young, but she is definitely mature. I see her as a little sister, and she makes me wonder why I hide my obsessions for Bollywood and the fraternity. Hana, I know you’ve been having a hard time, but don’t forget I love you, and I’ll always look out for you.
- Malika → if there’s someone you follow automatically on the fandom, it’s this girl. And it’s not because she has the all the knowledge about Bollywood (which she probably does though), but because she is the only person who has no bias. None. People can wax lyrical about her (I know I do), and she’s so modest, so humble. She makes me realise how judgmental I can be, and I think she’s just an incredible person. Malika, I have known you since the YT days, and I still remember participating in your collabs. You are a beautiful person, and I pray things go well for you.
OMG! I see my name! I see my name! :O I miss the fact that ppl have stopped calling me ashu! :( I miss it! thank you so so much for mentioning me ~ its surprising becus I m hardly active! :P but my goodness that edit.. is just gorgeous! love the blending the texture use! everything is just perfecttt! ILY! muaaahh! we need to catch up soon!
Actually, I’m highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook.
As we hit another milestone on our follower count, Simran and I would like to blog our first ever follow forever. The past year has been absolutely amazing for us and it allowed us to create friendships that we’ll never forget. There have been a lot of people that have been with us the whole way and some that joined our journey recently, but these are the people who we have thought have been amazing and homely to us. Sorry if we did forget you, either we haven’t talked enough (which is an open invitation to talk to us) or we have simply forgotten you. If you fall into the latter, we are so very sorry. Sorted in alphabetical order only.
aahista, aakasham, aayichiknichameli, acaxiea, addiekinz, aishshahid
aitbaar, albeli, angrejibeat, ayeeakshaykumar, baarish-barkha, badtameez-heart, barbaadi, barsaat, bezubaann,bollymusings, bollywoodkamazaa, bollywoodloverxoxo, bollywoodvilla, chameli, chippedcupofchai
daydreamerforever, deepika-face-appreciation, deepikas, deewangee
dheerejalna, dilkishehnaai, dolaredola, ekmainaurtu, falak-tak, fatemabidi, fyeahdulquersalmaan, fyeahmalayalamcinema
gulaab, heart-katrina, heeriyeh, iheartcinema, ishqyaun, imranswife, itsbollywood
jaadohainasha, jaaniyan, jaaniye, jhanak, jhilmila. kaisipaheli, kajolsunibrow, kanave, kanganaa, khudajaane, kkkg, koffeewithkaranbitches, lenakatinas, likeanewday, londontolahore, lovemewithoutanylimits
maayavi, mazhapeyyum, mazhathullii, mdsrk, mehbooba, midukki
mohabatpyaarishq, mohabbatein, mrsbale113, muskurahat, naadanmasakalli, nimbooda, nirmohiya, notfadedaway, nowordsareneeded, ohbollywood, onelovebollywood75, preitysrkfan, prettyfulwishes, princesskapoor, pyaaractually
ranbirkapoorlove, randippy, rangdeeni13, ranipyaarcreation, reminii
richutitus, rumaani, sajnaa, sajnakeliye, salrina-katty,sarzzzz18, shekkelle, shwaas, stardusted, strandedingodsowncountry, supertgirl, tanhayee, tanipartner, terikhudgarzee, thatindianchickkk, thirstyforknowledge, tu-hi-junoon, tuaadat, tum-hi-ho, tumpaasaaye, yaariyan, yasa-world, yehdooriyan
Lots of Love, Simran and Anu (tumuskura)
omg thanks lovelies <333 means a lot!
Guess what? It’s time for BOLLYWOOD SECRET SANTA! AGAIN!
You’ll be given a person’s name — you might know them or not. You have to create something for them — it can be something photoshopped with their fav actresses, a nice message/note, or ANYTHING. Be creative.
The rules are simple. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- By December 13th, if you want to play FOLLOW AND REBLOG THIS POST AND this new blog I madeBy then, you’ll be assigned to a person and you have 2 weeks (until the 21st) to make them anything you want. Remember, if you don’t know Photoshop — you can still make them photosets with their fav actresses or write a nice note.
- By the 21st, submit your presents for your person on the blog.
- On December 25th, I will post all the submissions as posts with a list of people who participated and then everyone guesses who their secret santa was.
This is a great way to start new friendships! :) If you have any suggestions and/or ideas, let me know. :D